Hello everyone! It is well into winter here in Australia and I thought I’d start off my blog with a post about some of my favourites (some for winter, some for both weather!). This includes beauty products, accessories & fashion items.
1. LIPGLOSS (FROM STEFAN’S) – I got this lipgloss when I got my formal makeup done at Stefan. I love the gorgeous almost hot pink colour with an added gloss and shine. It’s also super moisturising – always a plus for winter!
2. MAYBELLINE LIQUID EYELINER – Some eyeliners make my eyes water and burn. I’m not sure why but this has been a thing for me. I couldn’t seem to find a good eyeliner until I purchased this product. This liquid eyeliner has been my go to eyeliner for the past few months and I keep going back and repurchasing this. It delivers what you need for a good eyeliner – easy to work with, doesn’t smudge, dries in a a few seconds and best of all, it’s waterproof! I’ve worn this all day and its kept the shape and appeared clean and neat – just as I had put it on. I’d say that this eyeliner lasts me about a two months and it’s also affordable – BONUS!
3. CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE BODY LOTION – My mum had gotten the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle perfume set as a gift for her birthday last year. From the moment I smelt the perfume and the lotion, I loved it. The scent is subtle but smells very sophisticated and a little goes a long way!
4. MAYBELLINE MASCARA – I bought this mascara quite a while ago and can’t seem to find the exact product online (or product name because the label is scratched off, ooops). I’ve linked an alternative mascara which I love as well and gives similar results – makes me eyes look opened, doesn’t flake, doesn’t smudge & is waterproof.
5. HELLO DARLING FRAGRANCE MIST (VICTORIA’S SECRET) – My Victoria’s Secret beauty products craze started a few years back (I’ll leave the full story for another post or we could be here ALL day!). Hello Darling is a very sophisticated scent. You can smell the peonies and nectarine working their magic together, however also, it’s not overly sweet. It’s perfect and I love it. The only disappointing feature for this fragrance mist I found was that it doesn’t last too long – it probably disappeared within about half an hour or so after spraying it on.
6. CALVIN CLIEN EUPHORIA SKIN LOTION – Firstly, can we please talk about the packaging?! The gorgeous purpley/pink colour looks absolutely beautiful. The scent is also very nice – “The beautiful fragrance starts off with pomegranate, persimmon, and a lovely lush green accord. The heart then blends into a sensual lotus blossom, black orchid which then finishes off with amber, violet, cream and woods.”. Again, this was a birthday gift for my mum a few years ago and I just cant seem to throw the bottle out. It’s empty of course, but the packaging is too beautiful. This also came in a gift set with the perfume and I can’t seem to find the gift pack so I’ve just linked the lotion I found.
7. SCARF FROM MYER – I just love wearing scarves in winter. Not only do they look great but they also keep you super warm during those cold winter months. The scarf I have is a simple knitted black scarf, nothing too fancy but it’s warm and cosy – just what you need for this freezing Australian weather ATM! I couldn’t find the exact scarf I bought but you know, scarves are easy to find anywhere!
8. COLLETTE HAYMAN BOWS – I was never into bows until just recently. The past few months, I’ve been wearing bows when i put my hair high up in a ponytail or when I have it half up, half down. I love bows. It adds an elegant look to your overall style and makes you instantly feel dressed up with a simple add on. I got mine from Colette Hayman. They have various designs and colours for their bows ranging from cute little bows to larger, fuller bows. (I couldn’t find the exact bows I got as their online store is a tad different to their actual store).
9. ‘PRETTY’ ELIZABETH ARDEN’S PERFUME – I absolutely love this girly/feminine perfume. It smells sophisticated and elegant and this is what I have been wearing constantly for the past few months! “Pretty is a spirited floral fragrance of exceptional charm. The floral heart is surrounded by a mélange of fruits, wrapped in a well-rounded background of serene woods. At its core is a premiere ingredient, Petalia.” The packaging is super cute and the fragrance lasts for hours.