Ooooh so this isn’t a fashion post, clearly, but I just had to share this DIY recipe with you. I’ve honestly noticed such a big difference (skin appearance, smoothness, so on) after using this scrub and would 100% recommend you guys to give it a go!
I’m not a coffee drinker but I do love the smell of coffee. I also love it in cakes – coffee and walnut cake?! Yes please!! And I certainly love it in scrubs. Coffee is a great exfoliator and when combined with sugar, it screams silky smooth skin ready for Summer; OR to keep your skin prepped for next Summer. I’ve tried all kinds of scrubs – sugar scrubs, sugar and lemon, sugar and coffee and the list goes on. But I think my favourite one has to be the sugar and coffee scrub.
I know some of my readers are about to go into Summer and so, I wanted to share my favouriteeeee scrub recipe ever! And also for us going into Winter – this is great to keep your skin prepped for the following Summer! This scrub not only moisturises and smoothens your skin BUT it also minimises in grown hairs and increases circulation. And best of all, this DIY scrub is so easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients! Most, if not all, of which I’m sure you’ve already got in your cupboards.
• • • • • • • • DIY COFFEE SCRUB • • • • • • • •
1 CUP COFFEE GROUNDS
1 CUP SUGAR
1/2 CUP COCONUT OIL
• • • • • • • • DIRECTIONS • • • • • • • •
- Mix coffee grounds and sugar together until well combined.
- Stir in melted coconut oil (pour a little at a time and mix as you go to see what consistency you’d like). Sometimes, I prefer my scrub a little more on the coarser side and other times I prefer it a bit more wet.
- Store in an airtight jar.
And that’s literally it! Seeeee, I told you it’d be super easy! And then, scrub all over, leave on for 10 – 15 mins and then wash it all off for super silky soft, smooth skin.
Have you ever made your own scrub before? Also I’d love to know if you have/are going to give this a go!